Sunday, April 25, 2010

quick and easy master bedroom makeover

as the time draws near for us to leave this house i feel like i want to document the rooms a little better for the memories.  and since i recently did a mini makeover in the master bedroom i thought i would start there.

this is the before:  the putty-ish color of the walls is what started the project. :)  i was out to neutralize and go lighter.  somewhat tricky with dark furniture.
another angle from before

after:  
we painted the walls super light
faced our bed a different direction
replaced the lamps
added a $3.00 garage sale mirror to my nightstand
changed the bedskirt to a solid white one
splashed a little color with a soft throw from tuesday mornings


and if we were not moving that fan would beouttahere!



my nightstand.  simplified and updated.


i also switched out the bleh rocker for my fun blue chair!
i have added this post to Met Monday!

16 comments:

  1. love that blue chair...and those pictures above your bed!!! stretched canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments (even my ugly face one).

    I love how you lightened up your room, it looks so peaceful now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Love your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pictures above your bed.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lighter wall color made a world of difference! I like the white bedding and love the art above the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! I just did the dame thing to my bedroom this weekend.. minus the painted walls!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bedroom looks fresh and airy. A comfortable haven. Dropping by from BNOTP, #7.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I also love the photos above the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice light and airy update! Your new home looks like it is shaping up nicely...how exciting! Love your inspiration rooms!
    Have a beautiful week!
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful room, beautiful family, beautiful blog, beautiful home-in-the-works! precious life lessons shared in the in-betweens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for decorating ideas! I'm enjoying your blog and your story as you build your new home! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe we have the same bedroom furniture! I love the wall color! It really helps the furniture pop. Can you share the brand/color name/# ... when I need to do-over our bedroom, I think I'd like to choose that color for our walls! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pictures on the wall... a found your blog a while ago while i type "pianted piano" on yahoo search... then i found your painted piano... love it... and i finally painted mine, thought i would share with you
    http://masteringeverydaycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/05/im-back-with-pianted-piano.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the blue chair. I think I just may steal this idea. love the blog. :)
    nicole visiting from
    http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a change! Just a few simple things but it looks SO great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs