Thursday, August 12, 2010

nursery with painted white floors

the nursery.  it turned out very sweet!  every morning when i get
little dubs out of bed i tease and call him little prince charming in his royal room :)

the chandelier is from a little antique shop close to our town.  i think
it really makes the room....along with

.....the floors!  we painted them white.  against our builder's desire. and i am 
so glad we did!  they started as raw 5" oak floors.  we added 2 coats of primer and white porch paint.

only 2 coats of primer so that the some boards would naturally yellow.  i love the look!



dancy made little dubs this dick and jane pillow :)

the photo collage includes pictures of all the kiddos when they were 2 weeks old.  we are missing 
one on the right though :(  we havn't been able to find it since the move.

favorite books and toys are essential to any nursery :)


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Although I think my favorite thing is the sweet blanket on the side of the crib! It looks very vintage ... did you make it? Is it a passed down item? Oh and I don't know why, but the John Deere book made me smile:). It just sort of stuck out to me.
    And the photos ... what a blessed family! What a blessed baby to have such a wonderful family:). God is so very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, babies rooms are so fun to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE white painted floors!!!!! Some day in some house I will win this debate with my husband:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and peaceful. I too have painted floors, old not new though. I really love them. It's been 5 years and I'm ready to put on a fresh coat... not even going to change the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! What paint color did you use for the beadboard? Is it vapor trails like in the rest of the house? I am about to paint my family room that color, I googled it and found your lovely blog. Just a gorgeous house, you must be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog and your newest follower! Your home is gorgeous and I can't wait to see hwat else you've got in store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and am loving it - everything is beautiful! This nursery is just gorgeous! Love the painted floors!
    Jenny xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and I'm hooked! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You new house is beautiful...I thought it was amazing that you had your children write scriptures on the house. I bet God smiled right into your home when He saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if I have seen your painted floor, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to possibly ask the same questions as everyone else....but would you mind sharing the wall and trim colors in the nursey?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the color is benjamin moore london fog. i have all my paint colors listed just look for the label "paint colors" over on the right....otherwise i'm happy to answer here too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs