Friday, August 5, 2011

summer nights.

summer nights we often drift outside after dinner for a little ice cream or popsicle.



can you just hear him saying "more.....moooorrrre".

ice cream time carries over into a little golf time.



dubs already knows have to call out the shot.

and this is his reaction to a "miss".......falling on the ground, not getting any sympathy, then getting back up to try again. :)

oh wait! "look a ladybug!"

okay....and THIS is what happens when the lawn mower runs over the golf balls left in the yard.  i have a feeling this will happen for the rest of our lives.

then to top off the evening grandma and grandpa came over.......and the kiddos migrated downstairs to help us snap beans.

i really do love the long days and the quiet nights of summer.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such precious pictures and beautiful memories being made ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love summer too!!!! Good times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. makes me realize how much I have to look forward to:) love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...there is some pretty impressive golf form running through that crew of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, I just discovered your blog and love it! So darling and fun. Kind of a silly question: are you from MN? I watched your FAQ videos and recognized a little accent. I'm from MN and have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! Such terrific summertime memories for your children. Thanks for sharing.

    Oh, and I highly recommend the yellow practice golf balls. They don't fly as far, and they're yellow so you can easily see any stragglers for mowing purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ran onto your blog tonight and I was mesmerised (sp) by your children. They are georgeous. I couldn't stop looking at the blue eyes of the little girl. The oldest boy in the first pic reminds me of my great nephew when he was that age. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving summer too... Usually I can't wait for fall, but this year I find myself wanting summer to hang on a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree! I love the quality family time we have during summer evenings.
    Couldn't help but notice the highchair.....we used the same one for all three of our children. It was mine and my parents saved it....BEST ever!!! Worked great and took up very little space.:-) Beautiful children!

    Callista

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me miss being a kid in the summertime. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay I love that golf ball! Made me think of a science unit on the earth and the different layers of the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that other families hit golf balls in their yard too. It is my almost 4 year olds favorite thing to do : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs