Wednesday, December 5, 2012

christmas cheer.

merry christmas august field readers!  we've been busy decking the halls, celebrating, and preparing our hearts during this advent season.

it's december and we still don't have any snow.  this mild weather did give me plenty of time to put up our outdoor decorations.  and we actually put two whole strands of lights up outside!  i will admit, it is pretty at night, but really, the only way that will happen again is if we have mild weather.

so welcome......come on in! 



do you follow me on instagram??? (see sidebar for link) -------------->  i posted about by dumpster diving at lowes to turn out these front urns!  

i post almost daily on instagram so come join me :)

and my mom let me use some of her ginormous ornaments to give it some color.  

the sunroom received cheery and bright colors this year!  this is where we have Bible time in the mornings and the kids have their cute little tree up in here.


for a fun daily countdown to christmas i purchased the lego calendar for the first time.  i scored it on amazon earlier in the year when it was one of their daily lightning deals.

dubs got to open the first day.  its so fun! :)

for our advent calendar we're doing the jesse tree for the third year.  usually as family devotions before bed.  the branches hold each day's picture.




the music room is FILLED with christmas MUSIC this time of year and i LOVE it!  the three big kids are continuing on in lessons and let me tell you that the years of simple chords and single-note-plunking is soooooo worth it.

i've got gorgeous melodies and anthems filling our home.





 and finally.....the family room!  i've waited a whole year to put this sign up!!

its from tara at between you and me  and i LOVE it!  actually there are about 5 other ones i really love too.

shimmery tree trio.  i've always loved all things 'sparkly'.  so these cute little trees from target (last year) fit the bill.


i'll leave you with a few night time pictures.  i really like the house at night with all the trees lit up and yummy candles going.  its definitely a most wonderful time of the year!!



18 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your lovely urns...wow, what wonderful trash ya'll have in your dumpsters! :)

    Your house looks amazing! Festive and joyful!

    Thanks for the tour! Can I ask where you bought that felt Merry Christmas banner? Love it!

    I also love the industrial table with wood top that you have next to your white couch. Where did you purchase that?

    I have white couches for years but, haven't been able to figure out what type sofa tables. Would be so nice to have something to place a lamp on or a cup of coffee!

    Thanks! ~ Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. your home is one of my all time favorites!!
    didn't remember ever seeing the gorgeous room with the blue treatments--absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect holiday touches throughout your gorgeous home! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely! You've done a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas! Dene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. I love your home. Great job on the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your home, and the sign looks so good on your mantle!
    You'll have to get a family rules sign that you can keep up all year long....We always love customizing the family rules sign for each special family. :)

    Your home is beautiful...I'm not sure if I've ever seen the blue drapes...I'd love for you to tell us about those...they are absolutely stunning!

    Are they in your basement that you recently finished or in your family room? okay...enough questions. I'll wait to hear back from you. :)))

    Beautiful home...beautiful family..I saw little guy sitting in his swing..growing so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your arched front door. Like...seriously in love.

    Beautiful decor! Thank you for sharing! The best part of all the decor: the small person in his swing by the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you share the source of your teal ikat curtains? They are exactly what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful decorating.....particularly loving your gorgeous urns out front:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH soooo amazing your home is!! I love it!! The picture with the tree at night with the baby is sooooo cute!!!(love the front door to)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I love this time of the year! I also love the curtains and the wood/iron side table...would love to know more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found you from tara and I just wanted to tell you how much I adore your home and your sense of style. But the most wonderful thing is how your heart shines through the pages of your blog!

    Merry Merry Christmas and thank you for blessing me today!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs