Bringing Blogging Back

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Dear friends,

It's been awhile.  Quite awhile.  I'm not exactly sure why I stopped blogging.  Looking back there are a mix of excuses reasons.  One way I can explain it is this... have you ever waited so long to write a thank you note that you just never write it and hope no one notices? No? Okay -- how about committing in your head (at night, because its always at night) that you are going to 'get healthy' again.... yet upon awakening you rush to get dressed and skip breakfast, or run through the coffee shop and completely vow to start the next day.

It was kind of like that.  But now its time.  Time to bring the blog back.  It may look different -- and sound different.  I'm older, been married longer, we have teenagers, have been blessed with more little ones,  have a small business and love loose leaf tea.  Some things are still the same though.... we homeschool, are in the same house, I absolutely love being a Christ follower, am married to my high school sweetheart and know how to rock my favorite season of clothing -- layers.  August Fields has pushed play, to a new season.

We'll jump right in to where I'm at now.

Our oldest daughter, Gabby, is 15.  This age has been the age I've been waiting for my daughters to hit.  More accurately would be 12ish to 17.  It was a time in my own life where I was completely impressionable.  Like, I could be easily and seriously swayed to completely think that my hair style was ridiculous, or my face was too round.  My identity was in what I looked like and what others thought of me.  And as fickle as ALL people are, imagine your identity being determined by that!  I felt like a different person every day.  It brought a lot of sadness and confusion to my life as well as many really happy moments.  If someone else was pleased with me = happiness.

As a young, Christian mom of two little girls, I prayed fervently that my found identity in Christ would not be shaken.  That God would allow me to be able to explain, teach and model the confidence that I could only long I had as a young girl.

It. Is. So. Freeing.   To know that I am the way I am because the same God that created the intricacies of this world, created me.  To say that I am not 'right' would be to say He is a failure. God does not fail.

Raising our 2 girls and 5 boys under that umbrella of hope lifts a burden no one should ever shoulder.  You are LOVED.

I have found that having older children along with little ones in the house at the same time requires a whole new set of parenting skills that are tweaked and discovered daily!  For several years with only littles, my days were spent tying shoes, cutting up food, buckling in and out of high chairs and carseats, reading to them, wiping faces, changing diapers, nap time... you get it.  NOW..... there is still that PLUS the adult level communication that happens as our children get older.  It truly is fascinating and I love the conversations that happen.  My exhaustion now comes from a mix of physical work AND mental work.  Which, honestly at the end of the day brings a feeling of accomplishment with the desire to want to do even better the next day.

Our youngest little guy is 17 months old.  Being a 38 year old mom with a 17 month old conjures up numerous emotions and my heart swells with gratefulness that are different than when I was 22 years old with one little baby.  I guess I FEEL more.  I really get that each life is so precious and our bodies are fragile. I savor each moment and am going to work on capturing more of them here on a consistant basis.





13 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So glad to see & hear from you again. I can so relate to the mothering differences both as we age & as a mom to a similar numbered & spaced brood. 6 total, 3 girls & 3 boys. I'm 42, my eldest will soon be 20, then almost 17, 16, 14, 6 & 30 mos. The sheer exhaustion by days end, the overwhelming gratitude my heart swells with multiple times daily for even the tiniest & simplest moments...I understand all that & more that this season of mothering brings. Look forward to more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella! It sounds like you hear my heart exactly :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thrilled you're back! When I started following your blog children were still just a long-awaited dream. Now we have three children, three and under. I'll be 40 in two months, so I can strongly relate to what you are saying. I can't wait to see what you write about next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle and congratulations! I am fairly certain that as "mature" mothers of little ones we feel differently on many levels and Its a good thing to share about that :)

      Delete
  3. This makes me so happy! I love hearing from you and hearing about your sweet family. And amen to older children being mentally exhausting... I totally get that. I miss those littler days something fierce. But time marches on and EVERY day is so precious and such a GIFT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, we are blog sisters I am sure :) I feel the same watching your sweet family grow....and you nailed it. Time is MARCHING forward... we must press on! Thank you for being here :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome back!! I check your page every so often to see if you've resurfaced. So glad you are back to bloggin! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How sweet to check in on me and take the time to offer encouragement :)

      Delete
  5. I check your blog every few weeks to see if you are back and here you are!! So glad to see new posts and look forward to future posts. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Glad you're back! <3 - Cari Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your spirit. Your words speak to me. So glad you are back and we get to hear from you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just now seeing this and am so glad you're back! Looking forward to future posts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just such a blessing. I feel like I nod and say me too as I read your blog! God bless you and your sweet family! - Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS